Je bekijkt de reis...
Reisverslag Day 1
28 april 2014
I am an assistant teacher.
¬They are really really excited in school. All yelling because they all want to help. They all help each other. A lot of deversity in school but it doesnt matter to them. Mr. Oshiro is really nice. They all talk about the scedule for the day. They are really nice to each other.
The classroom looks the same as in holland.
They do a morning pledge every Monday where they plegde to the flag of america.
Today is reading day. Because of the diversity they all need to practice fluency. They mark the words they dont know so that they can learn the english language even better. I think there are only 5 born americans in class, the rest is from another culture. They still all manage to work along with each other really really well.
They are playing guess the word. ‘when you go on a really long journey’ – adventure.
They are all really excited in trying to guess the word the teacher has on his card.
They dont have any books. They work with a beamer to show the exercises. And they all answer at the same time. They do have jotters though. But no exercise books. They get handouts instead.
They are enourmously excited about fun activities. They all start screaming and yelling through the whole class.
Im mister vincent.
The questions are really odd.
- Do you like marchmellows? – yes ofcourse…
- How many months are you? – 207…
- How do cows make cheese?- they make milk which can be build into cheese…
- Dont you die when you eat herring because you cant breathe? - you bite it…
- Does a beerbike drive on beer? – You drive and drink beer…
- How do you make a tulip look like a rose? – it is a rose…
- Can you speak hollandish? – yes is speak dutch… - Whats dutch?
30 april 2014 07:11 | Door: Christa
Bijzondere ervaring, zoveel diversiteit en nationaliteiten in de klas.
En leuk om te lezen hoe ze daarmee omgaan. Bijzondere regio!